March 12, 2011

Brand New iPad 2 Owner...Almost

After going back and forth with a decision to upgrade to an iPad2 I finally decided to do it...I am a proud owner of an iPad2. Well...almost...I actually don't have one YET...

As a new iPad die hard fan I felt should stand in line to be one of the first new owners, but I was too late. We don't have an Apple store in our area so I had to decide between Target, Walmart, or Best Buy. Our local Target had 4 white 32gig iPads, Walmart had 5 different ones, and Best Buy had 25. As soon as I could I left school, got the kids situated with surrogates for basketball and softball practice duty, and headed to town. I called Best Buy to ask how many people were in line and there were already too many people for me to actually bring home an iPad...so I dedided to abort the mission.

With my now out-dated iPad1, I brought my boys to basketball. While watching them practice I ordered a white 16gig 3G iPad, however, I was disappointed with the ship date! Apple began selling the new iPad online at 3:00am my time. My step-daughter ordered one at 5:30am and her's is scheduled to ship March 15th. I finally ordered one around 6:00pm and mine is scheduled to ship April 1st! So, I will have to commandeer my step-daughter's when it arrives!

I will post as soon as I have one. I sure hope the extra speed and camera option is worth the money to upgrade! I have a feeling I am not going to be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment